Monday, April 22, 2013

Family Reunion in Ciudad Real

This past Friday I took the train to Ciudad Real (about 2 hours North of Sevilla) to visit the spanish family that hosted me during my stay in Summer 2010.  It was so nice to spend time with them and see some familiar faces.  Friday we went to go see some newborn Yorkie puppies that they were interested in buying in a few weeks; they were so tiny! Later that evening, I hung out with my host sister Sara. We went into town to do some shopping then stopped at a bar for a drink and panini with her friends.  Saturday I went with my host mom to her sister's apartment, then we walked around the market in Ciudad Real, stopped at a tapas bar for a couple of tapas, then headed back home for a big family lunch.  All the aunts, cousins, and even their grandma was there! It was so much fun.  Later I went with Sara to a park to hang out with her friends some more and when we got back, we had some sandwiches for dinner.  Sunday, we went to the local fitness center where Sara and Mer (2 of my host sisters) went to do Zumba; there was a race going on that day and lots of other activities as well (like Zumba).  Then, my host parents dropped me off at the train station and made sure I made it to my train! I got to ride the AVE which is the high speed train in Spain (it was fast and easy!). I had a great weekend with my old host family, but glad to be back in warm, sunny Sevilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment